TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“The Studio”: Studio ARC Creative Limited, a private limited company, with its registered office at 81-83 East Road, London N1 6AH, registered in England and Wales with company number 12653761 (“ARC Studios” or “we” and “us” and “our” shall be construed accordingly).
“The Client”: any individual, group of individuals, or entity which have entered into this hire agreement with Studio ARC Creative Limited.
“Hirer or Hirers”: The Client and any associated persons present on the day(s) of hire.
“Studio Hire”: The rental and use of the premises for a contractually specified time and date for the business of dancing, filming or related activities, or private event related hire.
“Equipment”: All fixtures, lighting and other materials supplied by The Studio.
“Studio Premises”: The studio that is available for hire from The Studio.
II. BOOKING AND PAYMENT
1. A booking is not considered complete or confirmed until payment has been made in full.
2. Full balance payment for all bookings (including any agreed security deposit) must be made at least 72 hours prior to booking
3. At the time of payment, it is deemed that these Terms and Conditions have been agreed upon by the Client.
4. On reserving the Studio Premises, The Client accepts that the studio has been checked and deemed suitable for the purposes
of the hire.
III. AMENDMENT AND CANCELLATION
1. Studio hire booking times can be changed subject to rebooking fees as stated below:
i. Notice of 7 days or more: free of charge
ii. Notice of between 3 and 7 days: 10% of the booking fees
iii. Notice of less than 3 days: 25% of the booking fees
All of the times above are stated from start time of the booking. All requests must be made in writing at
2. Studio hire bookings can be cancelled with cancellation fees stated below
i. Notice of 7 days or more: 25% of the total invoice
ii. Notice of between 3 and 7 days: 50% of the booking fees
iii. Notice of less than 3 days: 100% of the booking fees
All of the times above are stated from start time of the booking. All requests must be made in writing at
3. We reserve the rights to cancel any booking (or any part of it) without refund in the event that you breach any of the terms and
conditions as outlined within this agreement.
4. Studio times may be changed or cancelled by the Studio in exceptional circumstances. You will be given notice of cancellation
in writing as far in advance of the hire date as reasonably practicable. In such an event, you shall be entitled to a full refund or
an option to amend your booking to another date and time at no charge.
IV. SECURITY DEPOSIT
1. For events with 20+ people, The Studio has a Holding/Security Deposit of up to £500. The specific rate is to be agreed prior
to booking and is depending on size and nature of the booking, and space being booked.
2. The security deposit will be returned at the end of the booking (minus any deductions due to damage, additional cleaning
fee, additional attendees or overtime).
3. Security deposits are held as security against breach of terms. The full amount may be lost if any terms are breached by the
V. STUDIO USE POLICY
1. The Client is not permitted to sub-contract, sub-let or otherwise allow any third party to use or occupy the studio or use the
equipment or consumables without prior written permission.
2. The studio hire starts from the time scheduled by the booking and is finished when the studio is cleared and packed down.
The Client must include set-up and take-down time within the hours booked or pay applicable over-time charges.
3. The Hirer(s) must leave the Studio Premises promptly at the end of the booking time to avoid over-time charges.
4. The Studio reserves the right to halt any activity it considers to be other than that for which the premises are intended and for
which it had been previously communicated to the Studio.
5. The Client must abide by booking requirements agreed in advance or as advertised on our website for total number of
attendees. Additional attendees may result in additional charges.
6. The specified maximum attendees must not be exceeded for security and safety reasons. The Studio reserves the right to
refuse entry or terminate a booking if a venue space is at capacity.
7. External food or drinks are not permitted inside the Studio Premises.
8. Smoking is prohibited everywhere in the building.
VI. CONDUCT AND NOISE
1. We ask that the Hirer(s) respect the other occupants of the building and those around them. The studio is situated in a shared
environment and we reserve the right to request the Client to cease any disturbance that might cause a nuisance.
2. The Client is responsible for ensuring their own behaviour and that of others attending your booking is appropriate.
3. All music or noise must be kept at a moderate reasonable level (at discretion of the Studio) inside the Studio premises and
communal areas and the Hirers shall respond to any request to reduce the sound / noise level if necessary.
4. Music must be turned off by 11pm and noise levels must be minimised to a low and reasonable level after this time in order to
not disrupt or cause inconvenience to nearby neighbours.
5. The Studio reserves the right to terminate with immediate effect (without refund) any sessions that in our sole discretion deem inappropriate or causing a disturbance.
VII. OVERTIME CHARGE
1. The Overtime fee starts 10 minutes after the Client’s allotted time for their session is due to end. After which time the
overtime rate is £10 for each 10 minutes.
2. The Overtime fee must be paid before the Client leaves the Studio Premises.
VIII. AFTER USE
1. Studio Premises or venue space must be left in reasonable state at the end of the Client’s booking to avoid additional
cleaning charges (at discretion of the Studio).
2. The Client must dispose of all rubbish, clear down sets and remove any material immediately which includes but is not limited
to, lighting equipment (except those supplied by the studio), furniture, shooting equipment, food, drink, props and general
waste. Failure to do so will result in the Studio, as they see fit, arranging for disposal. The costs for removal will be passed
onto the client plus £50 administration fee.
3. The Studio reserves the right to charge £100 penalty if the studio is not vacated in the same condition in which it was found.
IX. BREAKAGES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES
1. The Clients are responsible for any breakages, losses or damages caused to the premises or the supplied Equipment by the
Client, or any other Hirer(s) during the use of the Studio Premises.
2. The premises include but not limit to walls, flooring, or fixtures of the Studio Premises and the communal areas.
3. All equipment used is at the risk of the Hirers and the Studio shall not be liable to the client for any loss, damage, expense, or
for any consequential loss (including loss of profit) arising out of or in connection with any breakdown, stoppage or failure of
the facilities/equipment supplied by the Studio.
4. The Studio agrees to provide The Equipment in good working order but makes no special guarantees as to said Equipment’s
functionality or suitability for The Client’s purposes. The client must notify The Studios at the time of supply if the condition of
the equipment or studio space is not acceptable. Any Equipment lost, damaged or stolen will be charged to The Client at its
full replacement cost.
5. The Client may not remove any Equipment from The Studio’s premises and all Equipment must be returned promptly at the
end of The Hire.
6. Alterations or an addition to our premises or Equipment is not permitted without prior written consent.
7. The Client shall be responsible for any loss or damage to or theft of its own equipment or property or that of its guests.
8. Power cuts from the National Grid are not deemed to be the responsibility of the Studio; the Studio will not be held liable for
any losses incurred as a result of power cuts.
X. HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. The Client is responsible to conduct their hiring session(s) in line with the current health and safety legislation and best
practice guidelines. The Studio takes no responsibility for the content or health and safety of classes or activities run by
2. The Client must abide by booking requirements agreed in advance for total number of attendees. The specified maximum
attendees must not be exceeded for security and safety reasons. The Studio reserves the right to refuse entry or terminate a
booking if a venue space is at capacity.
3. Open flames, smoke / fog machine or hazer is not permitted in the Studio Premises unless through a written consent.
4. Smoking (including Vapes) is not permitted in the Studio Premises or throughout the building.
5. Cooking is not permitted inside Studio Premises or the building.
6. Prior to commencing the hire, the Client should familiarise themselves with the location of the fire exit in the building.
7. In the event of injury, the Studio provides a First Aid Kit. However, the Studio is unable to provide First Aid qualified
XI. INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
1. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient insurance cover for their products and people in transit to and
from the studio and when they are at our studio. We do not provide insurance cover for the Clients’ products or people whilst
they are in our studio.
2. The Studio accepts no liability whether under contract law, tort or statutory provision for loss, damage, breach of statutory
duty or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions for loss of profits, loss of sales or business,
loss of contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or damage to goodwill, or any other indirect or consequential losses to
the Client or any user connected directly or indirectly with the Client / Hirer(s).
3. The Hirer(s) agrees to indemnify the Studio for any loss or damage occurring to the studio, building, and/ or any facilities that
have arisen out of any act, omission or negligence of the Hirer(s) or any users of the studio.
4. Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to limit or exclude the Studio’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its
negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
5. The Studio’s total liability to the Client, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or
otherwise, arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be limited to the price paid or payable by the
Client in respect to the activity under which any such liability may arise.
6. The hire of the studio under the terms and conditions set out in the Agreement does not create any affiliation or partnership
between you and us. The Studio take no responsibility for and do not endorse the content of activities which you carry out in
XII. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
1. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.
2. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of this
© STUDIO ARC Creative Limited
Studio Hire T&Cs | October 2023